Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
For many women, corsets have replaced their bras completely. Though the trend of going braless is on the hike, some women have gone braless because they feel more comfortable in an overbust corset in place of a bra.
But some women are still confused about whether they should be wearing a bra with the corsets or not. This majorly happens with such women who are new to the art of corsetry or are thinking of buying a corset for the very first time. If you are among these women, here are some important facts and information that can help you.
One of the beauties of wearing an overbust corset is that you do not have to wear a bra. Many women prefer to wear an overbust corset for this specific reason. There are several reasons why many women prefer to wear an overbust corset in place of wearing a bra.
● Full Coverage and Support: Suppose you have chosen the right overbust corset and have provided proper measurements for the bespoke overbust corset. In that case, you will surely get a piece that can offer you full coverage and proper support. Overbust corsets are a miracle for women who have heavier busts. Often they suffer from an embarrassment of the busts hanging or the busts not being in their proper place. Sometimes, even wearing the best bras may not help them get rid of such issues, which might prevent them from wearing many dresses. Overbust corsets make sure to offer the right support and keep the busts in a proper place so that you can wear whatever clothing you wish to wear.
● The Size: It is said that more than half of the women do not wear a bra of their right size. Even though today you get bra sizes in diverse options such as 32A, 32B, and so on, there are still women who may get confused about the size that they need. Also, when there are so many options in style, and bras patterns have come up, it confuses the women even more. But when you are buying a bespoke overbust corset, you are offering your exact measurement of your bust to the manufacturer along with your waist size. Thus, you get an overbust corset that is perfect for your waist and perfect for your busts.
So, it is quite obvious that if you are wearing an overbust corset, you will surely not wish to wear a bra. But do you just have overbust corsets in your wardrobe? There are several dresses under which you may require an underbust corset. Hence, it is always a great idea to have both types of corsets in your wardrobe.
But when you are wearing an underbust corset, there comes another major question of whether you should be wearing a bra with the underbust corsets or not. Many women have preferably said no to bras while waist training in an underbust corset also due to these reasons.
● The wire may Hurt: Today most of the bras are available with the underbust wire to offer proper support to the bust. But when you are wearing an underbust corset, the corset's edge may rub with the wiring of the bra and can cause pain for you. If you plan to wear the corset for a pretty long time, wearing a bra will not be a good idea.
● The Bust Pushes Up: Another major problem is that when you are wearing an underbust corset, it may push the bra to push the bust when you are bending or sitting. In such a case, the bust may get an irregular shape, and you may have to get embarrassed. But that does not mean that you cannot wear bras with an underbust corset at all. If you are not comfortable going braless with the underbust corset, here are some of the options that you can try out.
- In place of a proper bra, you can try wearing an undershirt, spaghetti, or a bralette.
- If you think that you cannot manage without wearing a bra, you should move to a bra that comes with underbust wiring. There are so many options available today where you can get comfortable bras without the wiring. You can try wearing these with the corset.
- If you have a taller torso, you can try wearing a waspie underbust corset. These will not touch the wiring of the bra completely and can make you feel comfortable.