Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
Corsets have been a part of history for a very long time. However, these garments weren’t always seen in the most popular lights. Way back, corset tops and dresses were just considered to be a very extreme type of fashion garment. You would mostly see women wearing corsets on days like Halloween, something which was a part of a costume that demanded a tightly fitted waist. Remember those sexy costumes of Moulin Rouge? Well, that is exactly what corsets represented back then. However, the times have certainly changed now.
If you have not yet heard about the amazing Bridgerton-craze that has developed in people, you are certainly missing out. With the beginning of 2021 came the year for corsets as it became a really popular clothing choice once again. Starting from ‘It’ celebrities to fashionistas and designers, everyone is into the world of corsets once again.
Of course, after witnessing some of our favorite celebrities dawn the best of these corsets we definitely feel the urge to indulge in something of our own. Or at least you can try and shop for some amazing printed corset tops this summer to deal with the heat in style. When it comes to styling around something as outrageous and forward as a corset top, there are certain tips that you would need. So, here we are with everything you should know about styling corset tops during the summertime.
Struggling to find some cool and stylish way of pairing up your brand-new mesh top with something from your wardrobe? Well, we have got you covered. Here are some of the most efficient ways you will be able to style your beautiful corset tops with different pairings this summer.
- Choose Something Structured For Your Corset Top: Say you have an overbust corset top that you want to pair with something, we believe that going for something structured is really important. Whether you are wearing trousers, a blazer, or just a pair of shorts, having some sort of contrast with your corset top and the pairing garment will definitely be a combination that catches everyone’s eye.
- Pair It With Jeans: Now you really don’t have to overthink about this one, people. When you want to select something to pair off your corset top with, jeans are always a reliable solution. Wearing a corset with the jeans is really a fun and interesting alternative which will definitely make sure that you get a touch of style into your wardrobe. Don’t think about it, ladies. Just try it out.
- Pair It With A Dress: At the risk of making the outfit look a little bit like a costume, pairing your corset top with a dress is definitely one of the best ways to utilize the summer look. If you have a satin corset top, go ahead and try it out right now to see what we are talking about. This will definitely be creating a better and more subtle look that you will appreciate for sure. When you are looking for the best corsets to pair with different garments in your wardrobe, there is no better place than Corsetdeal. They have all the sleek designs and comfortable types of corsets that would surely impress you.
- Try It With Some Casual Pants: There might be a chance that you are still stuck on those leggings of yours and want to give that a shot. Well, we definitely won’t blame you if you do. If you want to find the right balance between style and elegance, we would suggest that you try wearing your corset top with a pair of casual pants. You never know how you might be surprised with the look that you create. And this way, you also get to experience the best of both worlds.
- Why Not a Midi Skirt: It is a possibility that this throw-on-and-go bottom, in-between style is really a part of the summer wardrobe that you have. So, when you want to mix things up a little bit, there is no doubt that going for a midi skirt is definitely a good idea. If you pair a cropped and printed corset top with a skirt, it will give you that feminine and romantic look that everyone adores for sure. This is one of the easiest and most effortless looks that you can go for. Why not try it and see what the big deal is about, right?
- A Little Leather Never Hurts: Embrace your inner badass by pairing up your steampunk corset top with some high-quality leather garments. This ’90s look is definitely going to impress everyone around you. How about going for some leather pants with your corset top or you can also choose an amazing leather blazer to give a complete vamp look to your style. While this might be a little bit more outrageous of a style, it is certainly something that works.
- Pair It With a Button-Down: It is true that corsets were considered to be a piece of undergarments for a very long time. However, it doesn’t necessarily have to be that way. You can surely play around with corset layering and create something spicy and colorful that will suit your style needs. Try it with a graphic tee or a button-down and you will see what we are talking about.
- White on White: When it doubts, you definitely need to go white. This is simply one of the best ways to pair up your corset tops. Not to mention that this is one of the most amazing styling solutions for summer. You get to make a style statement while beating the heat. And who doesn’t love the color white, right?
- Summer Staples Are the Best: When it comes to corsets, they can be considered a statement garment. Hence, you don’t have to be afraid if you want to attract some attention while wearing a corset top with summer staples. Having a simple outfit with two summer pieces of clothing surely seems like a good idea, right?