Waist Training 101: What Results Can You Expect?
Even though waist training has gained more popularity in recent years, but it has been on the scene since the 1600s. Back then, people generally used waist trainers after giving birth to a child, to get back their older body shape back. But, nowadays people use it to achieve the admirable hour-glass body shape. Waist training generally includes a waist trainer or a corset which you would have to wear around your midsection. After wearing it, you will need to gradually tighten its laces to get a slimmer waist and an overall curvy body shape.
Among the types of waist trainers, Corsets are generally most favored because they come with a wide variety of shapes and designs. Because of this reason, you can not only wear them under your dress but also over your dress. But, when you are wearing it under your dress, always remember to wear a thin layer of cloth. This way, the moisture in your skin will not be able to get in contact with the garment and damage it. After wearing the waist trainer, you will be able to see a semi-permanent change right away to the structure of your waist as well as your body. But, if you wear it every day while following a healthy diet plan and exercising daily, you will be able to change the size of your waist permanently.
Why should you start Waist Training?
Waist training can not only help you to get a slender waistline but can also improve your health in numerous ways. Some of the benefits of waist training are:
- Improvement of Posture: Waist training can help you to improve the posture of your body by providing the proper support to your back. An improved posture can boost your confidence and may also prevent any kind of back problems.
- Enhanced Exercise: As the waist trainers generally wrap around your midsection, they can produce a lot of warmth to that place. Thus, if you wear a waist trainer while exercising, it can also help you to trim the fats around your waistline much more quickly.
- Back Support: Many people, who are suffering from back problems or recovering from a back injury, also use waist trainers to provide support to their back.
- Treats Abdominal Injuries: Proper waist training can also quicken the healing process of any kind of abdominal injuries by providing warmth in those areas. Waist trainers can also help to strengthen your abdominal muscles which can increase your core strength.
- Abdominal Injury Prevention: As a waist trainer or a corset will wrap around your midriff, it can also protect that section from getting injured.
- Reduces Migraines: You may also get affected by migraines if you have a bad posture. But, many studies have proven that the people, who wear waist trainer daily, have experienced fewer headaches than the others.
- Weight Control: If worn properly, the waist trainers will be able to provide a lot of pressure to your abdominal area. This pressure will prevent you from eating a lot of food which ultimately will help you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Benefits Asthmatic Patients: Waist training can also prove to be beneficial for those people who are suffering from asthma. The improved posture provided by the waist trainers will help the windpipe to relax that may improve your breathing.
- Reduces Cramping: Waist trainers can also reduce the cramps that can be caused by various gastrointestinal disorders or the menstrual cycle.
- Treats Diastasis Recti: Diastasis Recti or the separation of the abdominal muscles is a common problem that many pregnant women suffer from. But, wearing a waist trainer daily can help you to treat this condition by keeping the muscles together. This can prevent their further separation and quicken the healing process.
- Prevents Abdominal Hernias: The pressure provided by the waist trainers may also reduce the risk of getting affected by some kind of abdominal hernias.
These were some of the health improvements that you can expect from waist training. But, the method can only prove to be beneficial if you do it correctly with the perfect waist trainer. Thus, buying a good waist training corset becomes very important.
Features you should look for before Buying a Corset?
As the waist trainers nowadays come with a lot of shapes and designs, it can be quite tough to find the one that is perfect for you. But, if you know which features you should look for, you will not face any kind of problem. Here are some of the features that you need to look for before buying a waist training corset:
Measurements : As you may already know, waist trainers do not come with the same shapes and sizes. Thus, it becomes very important for you to know about the shape of your body before buying a corset. You will feel uncomfortable if your corset does not fit with your body shape properly.You can easily understand if a waist training corset can fit your body perfectly by checking its measurement tags. So, you would only need to know about the measurement of your body.
Material : Material is very important for anything that you would have to wear. If your corset is not made with high-quality materials, then it may cause a lot of discomforts while you are wearing it. Also, the material can determine the breathability of the garment. If your corset is made with good material, then no matter how tightly you are wearing it, you will feel very comfortable.
Constriction : Constriction is another feature of a corset which you definitely should look out for. It simply means how tight the corset will feel when worn around your midsection. The material and the measurement of a corset generally determine this feature. Almost every brand includes the constriction detail of a waist trainer as tight, loose or medium.
Color and Design : Color can be very important if you are choosing to wear the corset over your outfit or wearing a see-through top. Thus, you can choose to buy a corset that matches with the color of your dress or you can also simply go for a waist trainer that comes with naturally toned colors.
The waist trainers generally come with a lot of different designs. So, no matter if you want to buy a waist trainer that only covers your waist or one that cover from your rib cage to your thighs, you will surely be able to find one.
Seasoning of the Corset
You may think that buying a corset that fits properly with your body is the toughest job. But, you would also need to know about the seasoning process of the corset to wear the corset properly. If you do not wear it properly, then the corset may not able to provide you with the results which you are expecting.
Seasoning a corset generally refers to the process of breaking into your corset. This process allows your body to adjust to the pressure of the garment. To start the seasoning process, you would have to loosen the laces of the waist training corset from top to bottom. After loosening it properly, you can wear it by tightening the laces. But, always remember to tighten the laces gradually; otherwise you may get hurt in the process. Also, if you are feeling uncomfortable after tightening the laces, then start loosening them again until you feel comfortable.
If this is your first time wearing the corset, then do not wear it for more than an hour on your first day. Try to achieve the goal of wearing it for at least 3 hours per day in the first week. Then, you can gradually increase the time of wearing. If you are looking to make your waist look slimmer or trying to achieve the hour-glass shape, then you would have to wear it for at least 8-10 hours per day. But, reaching that goal can take some time, so you would have to be patient.
The results of waist training can depend on numerous things as every person’s body works differently. Because of this reason, you may not be able to see the same result as the other women. But, if your goal is to trim the fats that are stored around your waistline or achieving the hour-glass body shape, then waist training is your only option. Thus, being patient is the key. Also, it is worth remembering that only wearing a waist trainer will not help you to reach your long-term goal. You will also need to follow a proper diet plan and be physically active.