Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
Among different corsets elements, one of the important ones you need to know about is lacing. If you are not aware, there are different types of lacing available for your corsets. You can choose the right one based on the features that they offer.
You should know the positive and negative sides of different types of lacing so that you can get the right lacing option for you.
Here are the different lacing options that you should know about to get the best one for you.
If you have a good-looking lacing option for your corset, you should definitely go with the ribbon lacing style. The right way to know more about ribbon lacing is to know about its pros and cons.
Pros of Ribbon Lacing:
Here are some of the benefits of using ribbon lacing in your corset.
- Ribbon lacing makes your corset look immensely beautiful.
- These lacing options are available in different colors so that you can wear your corset with different colored lacing at different times.
- Putting in the lacing in the corset and taking it out is pretty convenient so that you can change your lacing anytime without any delay.
- You can hide the ribbon lacing pretty easily, which makes the corsets with ribbon lacing the perfect option for stealthing.
Cons of Ribbon Lacing:
Along with so many pros, there are also some cons that you should know about the ribbon lacing.
- This type of lacing is not an ideal option if you are wearing the corset for the purpose of purely waist training. When you are tightening the lace, the lace can pull too much and can get to tighten than expected.
- Also, if someone you have put a double knot in this ribbon and the knot has been made too tightly, it can get quite difficult in opening up the knot.
Thus, you should understand the positive and negative sides of ribbon lacing before choosing it for your corset.
The cord lacing is the most durable lacing option and is one of the best corsets options.
Pros of Cord Lacing:
- The cord lacing will not slip while you are trying to lace up your corset. Hence, you can easily lace up your corset even in a hurry.
- It also moves through the corset's eyelets much comfortably and is perfect for exactly tightening the corset. Hence, if you are looking for the lace for your waist training corset, cord lacing can be the best option in hand.
Cons of Cord Lacing:
- Cord lacing is a bit heavier, making it a bit messy when you are trying to tie the knot for your corset.
- Also, these lacings are not available in many colors, and you have to satisfy only the limited available options.
Though looks-wise, the ribbon lacing is a great option. In terms of durability and reliability, cord lacing is the best option for waist training. Thus, while ribbon lacing is great for fashion corsets, cord lacing is perfect for waist training corsets.
Fan lacing is a new type that many people are not aware of. Getting to know its pros and cons can help in understanding it in a much better way.
Pros of Fan Lacing:
- Fan lacing offers the same aesthetics that ribbon lacing offers. It mainly exerts tension on the sides and comes together in the center to offer a fan-like look.
- This lacing is also quite reliable in terms of the tightening of the lace. You can conveniently tighten the lace as per your requirement.
As this is a pretty new type of lacing, it may not be available at different dealers and service providers.
Moreover, it can be said that fan lacing is something that has been designed by the combination of ribbon lacing and cord lacing. Suppose you are confused between ribbon lacing and cord lacing for your corset. In that case, you can safely go for the fan lacing to avail the benefits of both lacing types.