Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
Gone are the days when corsets were considered to be garments that were meant to restrict women. We live in a new era, and this is when women can dress sexier and more beautifully. If there is anything that these latest trends have taught us, it is that dressing and comfort have taken center stage. Summer 2023 is when we explore our hot and sultry side. As far as we know, typical fashion shrinks in size and provides a view of more skin. For example, miniskirts, micro skirts, bra tops, and so much more are entering the modern look of fashion in the best way.
One such example of a flashy yet very stylish trend that we are a part of nowadays would be the corset. Brought to us in the 16th century, corsets make their way back into fashion. So, on that note, it is crucial to learn about different styles that one can attempt with a corset for women. These days, with the onset of summer, new and exciting fashion styles are coming with the corset, and some of these are worth a look.
How To Style Your Corset in a Refreshing Way This Summer
From plus-size corsets to underbust and overbust corsets, there are many different trends surrounding this particular piece of clothing. So, if you want a sneak peek into the different styles to create with corsets this summer, you are at the right place.
1. Style it With Cargo Pants: You can fathom that particular trend is important when you see celebrities trying to participate in it. Styling your corset with cargo pants is a popular trend by Kourtney Kardashian and is a welcoming offer for women who want a bit more flash and style to their outfits. So, this summer, you can go for this perfect yet incredibly bold look by opting for a corset and a pair of cargo pants.
2. Try Coordinating Pieces: One thing you need to know about outfits with corsets is that monochromatic looks will never disappoint when offering sophistication and polish. Hence, using a corset and creating a coordinating piece with denim and hem pants will give you that cohesive look you want. Even if the top and bottom don’t properly match, there is still a chance your outfit will look sleek.
3. Neutrals Will Always Work: Not every single corset needs to be worn as formal nighttime wear. There are some important daytime looks that you can try using the corsets for waist training. If not something flashy, you could always go for the more straightforward and light color palette, which will suit your taste best. If you stick to some soft neutrals, there is no doubt that your outfit will give a more relaxing and calming vibe that is unmatchable by anything else.
4. Go For A Groovy Pattern: If you want more oomph to your outfit, there are different types of corsets that you can choose from and create a groovier and flashier pattern. Choosing anything with an abstract print for a corset top will enable you to look into a new area of corsetry and fashion. From rippled waves to psychedelic swirls, there are so many distinct and unique patterns that you can go for. Matching your humble pants with a groovy printed corset will bring a new style.
5. A Perfect Combo Of Lingerie and Leather: This is yet another fantastic idea that you can go for. Just jump into the lingerie store and get your new corset look there. If you want a more sensual appeal, pick one with more lace work. Now you can amp up your look by throwing some leather into the style. Lace and leather can work together to give a premier hit outfit that cannot be missed. So, if you choose a slimming corset for women, give it more zing and pep by adding some leather.
6. Relaxed Denim Look For Women: Who says that you need to overthink this trend of wearing corsets? Some women want to keep things straight and simple. For them, dressing up their denim with an outgoing corset top will be a good idea. Try out this fantastic show-stopping look right now, and you will not regret it. All you have to do is know where to buy corsets in the first place.
7. Corsets go Well With Trousers: This summer, you can style your underbust corsets with good-looking trousers to create the ultimate cool-girl look. This trend is prevalent for women who want a more casual yet presentable look using their corsets. Choosing a properly fitted corset top and pairing it with some trousers will elevate your look. Add a pair of sneakers into the mix and you are all set.
8. Dress Up A Little: Corsets are having the most significant moment in the fashion industry since most designers are integrating these silhouettes of corsets and bustier tops into their scenes. For instance, dresses embedded with corset-type designs are breathtaking to look at.
9. Warm Weather Must-Haves: During summer, you already have enough reason to buy a corset. This garment can wonderfully replicate a tube top or a high crop top. With your skirts or soft shorts, you can wear some of the most comfortable waist-training corsets in summer.
10. Silk is Simply The Best: No one would disagree that corsets are a pretty romantic piece of garment. That being said, the aesthetics of a corset can be increased by including dainty silk pieces in the collection. Silky and billowy garments are both comfortable during summertime and have a touch of style that cannot be matched by something else.