Waist Training Pros & Cons
The concept of waist training has gained a lot of importance within these years, and also the celebrities are using it immensely these days mostly to get the hourglass body shape to look stunning. Waist training mainly involves the method of waist-cinching that helps to reduce the waistline and exaggerate the hipline and the bustline. The concept of waist training is not new since it has been used in the past as well. Unlike the corsets, the waist trainers are much more pliable and comfortable and give effective results too.
The process of waist training helps in cutting off inches from your natural waist size and enhances the curves of your body with the help of the waist training corsets available in the market. Using the waist trainers helps in providing the wider and fuller-looking hipline and bustline. The corsets create compression in the tummy region which helps in reducing the size of the waist. Frequent wearing of the waist trainers eventually helps in getting quicker and effective results. It is quite easy to waist train properly, and before jumping right off with the process, it is important to determine and analyze few things such as the body type, material of the waist trainer, size, and lots more.
Most of the waist training involves the use of the steel boning corsets that helps in achieving the perfect silhouette to the body. Properly cinching of the waist trainers help in shaping the waistline, and also, it helps in proper arranging of the organs too which helps in reducing the size of the waist. The effects are although semi-permanent but if continued continuously, it can help to give visible results and an attractive silhouette to the body. Mostly the celebrities are into the using of the waist training and use them to slimming the waistline, and enhance the bustline, and hipline.
Most of the waist trainers are made with steel boned corsets, and these can be used for different purposes. While some use it to make a style statement while others use it underneath the clothes to give proper support to the back. Women, as well as men, are investing in the waist training corsets to achieve the perfect hourglass figure, while men are using them to get the V-shaped figure. Although the waist training doesn't help to lose weight, instant spot reducing, etc. The hourglass silhouette is achieved due to the movement in the floating ribs, and space reduction in the tummy area.
The results of the corsets are positive but it depends on how you use it throughout the day if you are wearing the corset properly or not, etc. It is important to choose the right kind of waist trainer that has proper boning and has good adjustable hooks, and closures. Also, it is important to keep in mind that there are different types of waist trainers available in the market, and their boning, fabric, and closures are different from one another. Usually, steel boning corsets are recommended over the plastic boning corsets since these are durable, and are effective as well.
Essential things to know about waist training
Although the concept of waist training has gained a lot of popularity these days, still there are quite a few things that are important to consider before starting with the process of waist training, here are some of the important things which are necessary to know before the waist training process.
Find the right size
It is important to pick a right-sized waist trainer for yourself since the sizing of the waist trainers is quite tricky, and is absurd that the size is similar to that of your outfits. The waist trainers need to be perfectly fitted to your body and should give effective results. Therefore, it is important to first determine and check your size online and then order for any waist trainer.
Alternatively, you can get a measuring tape, and measure your torso below the ribs since it is the narrowest section of the waist. The measurements should be done appropriately as the waist trainer would be according to the measured size.
Forget about being uncomfortable
Initially, it might feel uncomfortable to wear the waist trainers, but after using it for a few days it becomes easy to use, and comfortable too. It feels tight at first but must not feel uncomfortable, and pinch your body. It is recommended to wear waist training for a few hours and check if it feels comfortable or not. In case the boning of the corsets pinch on your body then, it is better to take off immediately.
Ideally, the waist trainer must be comfortable so that it doesn't even remind you about its presence. So, it is important to check on the comfort level while wearing the waist trainer.
Pros of waist training
The popularity of the waist trainers has increased a great deal due to its exclusive mechanism. The working of the waist training is quite simple, all you have to do is fasten the corset and wear it throughout the day to create a pressure around the waist to reduce the shape of it. There are many advantages of using the waist trainers beyond just shaping the waist, and some of them are explained below.
- Get hourglass silhouette- Women these days invest in waist training to get the perfect hourglass silhouette since this body shape is considered as one of the most popular and flattering which suits almost all women. Effective waist training helps in getting those hourglass curves by enhancing the hips and bustline. Proper waist training gives visible results in a few weeks.
- Effective weight management- Waist training makes it difficult to eat large portions of meal, and it is a huge advantage. It can be said that the waist trainers don't help in real weight loss, but it does help in weight loss indirectly simply by restricting the food amounts that you consume, and not helps in fat burning in your body.
- Enhances the confidence and body posture- Wearing of the waist trainers help in maintaining the body posture while sitting as well as standing. The steel bones in the waist trainers make it hard to slouch thus, giving the necessary support to the back. Due to this, most of the women feel extremely confident after using waist trainers. Also, the wearing of the waist trainers underneath the clothes makes you look slimmer too which is a major benefit.
- Supports the bustline- The waist trainers do help in enhancing the bustline but it also helps in supporting them as well. Due to its ability to support it helps most of the women who have large and fuller bustline by effectively reducing the back pain.
Cons of waist training
Just like the waist trainers have benefits, there are many downsides too, and plenty of experts are present who constantly criticize the use, and the concept of waist training and most of them believe that they do more harm than good. Nevertheless, here are some of the disadvantages of wearing waist trainers.
- Issues with comfort- Improper wearing of the waist training may indeed lead to the problem of discomfort or if the waist trainer is of the wrong size. Also, if you try to exercise while wearing it can cause the problem of discomfort. The garment should support the abdomen area, and must not create pressure in the downward direction.
- Creates a problem in breathing- Believing in the fact that fastening of the waist trainers might give faster results is simply wrong. Rather it simply causes breathing troubles by constricting the diaphragm which reduces the capacity of breathing leading to shallow breaths.
- Cause acid reflux- The stomach, esophagus, and intestine make a complicated network in the abdomen, and severe compression due to the waist training can lead to improper digestion, and lead to severe acid reflux.
- Leads to weakness- It is important to understand that moderation is significant especially for the waist training process, and most of the people go extreme with waist training to get immediate results which leads to muscle atrophy and cause the problem of weakness.